The PCWI Compact is a High Voltage DC Porosity detector. They are also known as holiday detectors, spark testers, porosimeters and jeepers.
These are used to ensure the longevity of coating systems by locating pin holes, air bubbles, and porosity in non-conductive coatings on conductive substrates, including concrete.
PCWI also hire DC Detectors to clients within Australia.
Complies with the requirements of:
AS3894.1-2002 (R2013) and Nace Standards: SP0490-2007; SP0274-2011 & SP0188-2006
- Used for detection of coating porosity (pin-holes, or holidays) in dielectric (insulation type) coatings on conductive substrates, including concrete.
- Suitable for Production Pipeline coating operations, Tank-work and Structures. Ideal for use on storage tanks, valves and pipelines.
- Incorporating momentary-on and continuous-on switches (mounted on the front panel), allowing the units to be switched on momentarily for safety, or to run continuously.
- No need to swap probes to change voltage - the detectors have clip-on battery packs which must be separately charged. Fully recharged in 4 hours. Regulated DC output fully adjustable. Applied voltage and battery condition are continuously shown on the Liquid Crystal Display.
- Lightweight with ABS case.
- Momentary on switch allows for auto shut-off.
- Digital display of applied voltage with integral battery condition indicator.
- Regulated DC voltage.
- Voltage range of 0-15kV and 0-30kV, fully adjustable.
- Clip-on battery pack.
- Constant test current.
- Sensitivity control.
- Overcharge protection.
- Single power supply.
- Earphones for noisy environments.
Industrial Kit complete with:
- Detector with clip-on power pack.
- Universal Charger.
- Probe handle with neon and 2m lead.
- 60mm connector for flat brushes.
- 7m earth lead with clamp.
- Fan brush.
- 250mm flat brass wire brush.
- 450mm probe extension.
- Air-operated earphones.
- Shoulder & waist harness.
- Kit case.
- Operating instructions with calibration certificate.
- Battery Clip.
Weight: 6.0kg (packed)
Dimensions: 260 x 160 x 70mm
Voltage: 0 to 15kV and 0 to 30kV
Short Circuit: Test current 0.5mA max
Alarm: Audible & Visual
Power: NIMH 3.3Ah Slide-off
Probe Handle: 2m high-voltage silicon rubber lead